We are moving right along on our cool Predator Ridge build. This is the second part to this cool buggy build and it is packed with a bunch of unique things!
With this cart we have decided to paint the perimeter “bumpers” We went with a gloss black base with a high performance clear coat.
Here are the rocker panels and the front upper bumper as well.
Here is the finished product, you can see how nice it looks with the clear coat on it!
Here it is installed on the buggy. The wheels tie it all together nicely.
Another shot from the drivers side.
Here is front upper bumper, looks very sharp, perfect for a street cruiser.
With the under body painted it was time to move onto the main body. We began by laying down a gloss black base coat.
We came back to it the next day and started masking out a classy design, taking cues from wakeboard boat styling.
After we got the inner lines masked and even, we moved onto masking off the entire body.
It takes a lot of time to mask and just a few minutes to lay down the paint.
The drivers side is ready for the paint as well!
Our customer really wanted something different then anything else at the resort. He wanted us to tie in some metal flake, this keeps with the wakeboard boat paint design idea. A lot of the high end boats now in days have brought the metal flake back.
Keeping it classy while still looking different was our main goal with this paint job.
The design is simple and clean.
Although the paint job would look great as is with some final pinstripes, we wanted to add a bit of flare to it!
We decided to mask off both rear lower corners of the body.
With the back masked out it was time to mix up some House of Kolor candy red.
We laid down 5 coats of the HOK candy with it completely masked off.
Then we removed the front mask and laid down another 2 coats of HOK candy paint, this time catching the lower portion of the silver flake. This is going to give it an awesome effect in the sunshine, by fading from black to black cherry.
We then removed the mask and started in with several coats of high performance clear.
The front cowling received base coat black and several coats of high performance clear.
With the body painted we moved onto final assembly of the cart, here you can see the floor mat and the rocker panels installed.
We then installed a strip of grip tape on the top side of each rocker panel.
We installed the grip tape as this is typically where your outside foot rests while out cruising around. With the paint it became quite slippery and also we wanted to protect the paint from chipping and peeling the rest of the rocker panel paint off.
We moved onto installing the brand new front roof supports.
Here we are running a flat 4 wire inside the passenger side roof support to provide power to the stereo system.
We installed a rear bumper overlay, this will pick up the abuse of putting the bags in and out of the back and also adds some style!
Here’s where we end off for this week!
There are still plenty of cool features to come on this cart so you won’t want to miss next week. Also if you haven’t checked out part 1 of this build you need to!
PART 1 HERE