Hey everyone! Here is the conclusion to the cabin Cruiser. This cart turned out amazing and is quite a capable machine. We have been out testing it!
With the new parts arriving we were able to move full steam ahead on the build! We decided to install heavy duty springs on the cart. This will help with any heavy chores around the cabin!
With the heavy duty springs installed we moved onto installing the 5″ lift kit. We started with the rear blocks.
Here we have both sides installed, that is quite the big lift and it is built very strong!
With the rear lift installed it was time to put on the 14″ rim and 23″ tire package, they look awesome.
We moved onto the front, we chose the drop axle kit for this application. We removed the stock spindles from the stock axle and installed them on the drop axle.
Here you can see we have them all greased up and properly tightened.
Here it is sitting on it’s wheel and tire package ready for the body!
Here’s another picture from the other side, what a beefy looking buggy.
It was time to install the rear body on this cart. The tire package looks awesome with this color.
Front body is installed and it is starting to look like one cool cart.
Again we color coded the rear light housings, this gives it a factory look.
We installed the color matched front lights, the front end is really coming together.
Here we have the tested battery pack installed and secured, ready for the new cables.
We installed the rocker panels, the little stainless insert ties in nicely with the rest of the silver on the cart.
With the body on, we were ready to start on the rear flip seat install.
Here you can see we have installed the seat/flat deck part, these flip seats are an excellent choice for an application like this.
The side rails are installed, this not only provides safety but also ties everything together for strength.
We have the new painted silver rear roof supports installed and ready to drop the roof on.
The long roof has been installed and is tilted up in the back for head clearance and also gives it a sportier look.
We make our own battery cables, we use a 4 gauge wire, which is overkill for this application but better to be bigger then smaller.
After we crimped the wires, we heat shrunk them to give it a nice clean look, by building our own wires we are able to ensure we get the perfect fit.
With the batteries hooked up it was time to give the lights a test. Front lights…check!
We wanted to give this cart a bit more of a custom touch so we went with a custom made aluminum front cover.
The aluminum cover ties in perfectly with the rest of the silver on the cart.
With the last couple finishing touches it was ready to be tested. Our favorite part.
This cart belongs out in the wilderness, it looks right at home.
Another shot, what a clean looking machine.
The traction of the tires is fantastic and the cart has more then enough power for just about anything.
We could have gone right through if it weren’t for that pesky sign.
We wanted to try something a bit steeper, and again great traction.
Another great shot of this awesome off road buggy!
If you haven’t seen the start of this build make sure to click on the link and look at it from the start.
Thanks for following along and we hoped you enjoyed it as much as we enjoyed building this cool cart! Keep following along this is going to be a very cool year of custom carts!