It’s been a busy week here at SC Carts, we made some awesome progress and we are starting to see the hard work pay off on the first of the two work carts!!! Come check it out.
Here we have moved on to the roof portion of our roll cage, we are shearing the piece of aluminum to the right width.
With the roof insert sheared to the correct width we are able to measure it for bending.
Here we are getting it ready to be bent in the press brake.
Just like that we now have a bend in the aluminum. This will provide us strength to avoid the roof oil canning and also finishes nicely with the cross tube.
Here you can see the test fitting, with a bit more trimming it will fit perfectly.
Here it is lined up and looking quite good!
We tacked the insert in place and then TIG welded the entire thing.
Here it is installed on the cart.
We sheared another piece, for the rear portion of the roof. Just like the front we put a slight bend to give it strength and it also looks good.
We have welded in the rear portion, this will ensure that the water runs off the roof and away from the passengers.
Another shot from inside showing the roof welded in place.
We now moved on to the tailgate. The tailgate on these never seem to come in with the carts, we have to build new ones. We have already sheared and formed the main portion of the tailgate, these are just the stop tabs.
Here the brackets are welded in place and good to go.
Here we are completing the installation of the new tie rod ends.
With the box and roof completed it was time to do some electrical maintenance.
We removed the forward and reverse switch to get access to the contacts.
The contacts looked quite good and with some cleaning they were back to new.
Now that we are done crawling all over the cart, we were ready to install the freshly painted cowl.
Even though these are going to be used for serious work and have long hard life, they should still look good!
We got rid of the green stripe and replaced it with a nice white stripe to match the cowl. We then pinstriped the stripe to match the front pinstripe and then applied our logo.
We did the same thing for the second side. We are quite happy with how it turned out.
With the paint work and striping done, we installed the new seats.
We will finish installing the arm rests, the cowl trim and bumper and then we will roll this one into the storage area. It will be ready to get it’s new batteries in a couple months, when the customer is ready to take delivery.
This pretty much wraps up our build post on these carts, we will carry on refurbishing the second cart and then when they are both complete we will take some “group” photos, but other then that this is pretty much a wrap!
If you haven’t seen the start of this build check it out here!